Program Assistant, International Fuel Cycle Strategies Program
Posted Jan. 23, 2018
We are actively building our team at NTI to support the newly-established International Fuel Cycle Strategies (FC) program. This is a unique opportunity to help develop, and implement projects that will make a global impact on reducing nuclear threats while supporting the peaceful uses of nuclear energy. We seek dynamic personnel who are ready to hit the ground running!
The FC program is working to identify, incentivize and implement approaches to the international nuclear fuel cycle that:
- support peaceful nuclear activities while reinforcing key nonproliferation and nuclear security principles,
- is backstopped with appropriately designed and resourced international safeguards and monitoring measures, and
- provides the foundation for flexible, but urgent, responses in the face of proliferation crises.
Under the direction of the Vice President, the Program Assistant is responsible for supporting the operational and programmatic elements of the program, with a focus on activities directly related to the nuclear fuel cycle. The Program Assistant also performs research and responds to general tasking in support of the program’s objectives. Domestic and international travel may be required.
The Program Officer will have the following responsibilities:
- Provide research support to the program and NTI senior staff using all available tools. As needed, analyze and interpret that information for relevant audiences, whether internal or external.
- Draft and edit memos, reports, briefing documents, talking points, testimony, etc. for use by the program and NTI senior staff.
- Assist in the coordination of, and participate in, internal and off-site meetings.
- Assist in the preparation of contracts and grants from development through reporting, coordinating with other NTI staff.
- Maintain awareness of developments in program area (events, literature, policy proposals, legislation, etc.)
- Liaise with NTI partners and key stakeholders in government, industry, academia and non-government organizations.
- Represent NTI at meetings, conferences, events, etc. as requested and prepare notes of proceedings.
- Provide limited administrative support.
- Perform other activities as assigned and assume other responsibilities as requested by the FC VP, NTI’s President or Executive Vice President.
- Help with planning of, and provide logistical support for, program and other NTI events.
- Represent NTI both domestically and internationally as necessary to support and promote program goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field. Advanced Degree preferred. Applicants with technical degrees (physics, engineering) will receive strong consideration.
- 1 year of relevant experience, including internships;
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal skills.
Send a cover letter, resume, two references, and writing sample on a relevant topic to email@example.com. Please use the subject line, “FC PROGRAM ASSISTANT.” Please submit your interest no later than February 14, 2018, though applications will be considered as received.