Scientific and Technical Affairs—Program Associate/Program Officer
Posted May 9, 2017
The Nuclear Threat Initiative invites applications to support the Scientific and Technical Affairs (STA) program. The successful applicant will support a range of STA programs, including NTI’s work to strengthen cyber security at nuclear facilities and the development of the NTI Nuclear Security Index. Additional information about these program areas is available on NTI’s website, www.nti.org.
The Program Associate/Program Officer will report to the STA Vice President and be involved in the planning, implementation and coordination of STA programs. In addition, he/she will provide overall support to NTI and the NTI STA VP in drafting reports, briefings and other materials. He/she will also be involved in organizing and coordinating STA’s work with external collaborators.
The level of the appointee will depend on the applicants’ qualifications and experience. Applicants with exceptional qualification may be considered for other positions.
Qualifications (Program Associate)
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., international relations, technical) and having related experience in policy and/or technical fields
- Strong analytic and research skills
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative
- Ability to juggle multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Ability to travel internationally
Qualifications (Program Officer)
- Above qualifications, plus:
- Master’s degree in a relevant field
- 5-7 years of experience
NTI is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization working to protect our lives and livelihoods, our environment and quality of life from the growing risk of catastrophic attacks with nuclear, biological, radiological or chemical weapons—weapons of mass destruction and disruption (WMDD) —as well as devastating cyberattacks. Our work influences policy and networks worldwide.
Send a cover letter, resume, two references, and writing sample on a relevant topic to email@example.com and put STA PROGRAM ASSOCIATE in the subject line. To ensure consideration please submit the requested materials by June 16, 2017.