NTI Nuclear Materials Security Index Launch
At this press conference, NTI and the Economist Intelligence Unit launched the NTI Nuclear Materials Security Index, a first-of-its-kind, public baseline assessment of the status of nuclear materials security conditions in 176 countries.
The NTI Index was created to spark an international discussion about priorities required to strengthen security and, most important, to encourage governments to provide assurances and take actions to reduce risks. Learn more at www.ntiindex.org
The press conference included:
- Former Senator Sam Nunn, Co-Chairman, NTI (watch)
- Dr. Page Stoutland, Vice President for Nuclear Materials Security, NTI (watch)
- Deepti Choubey, Senior Director for Nuclear and Bio-security, NTI (watch)
- Leo Abruzzese, Director of Global Forecasting, EIU (watch)
- A questions and answer session (watch)
Watch the full event
the Nuclear Threat
Reducing the risk of nuclear use by terrorists and nation-states requires a broad set of complementary strategies targeted at reducing state reliance on nuclear weapons, stemming the demand for nuclear weapons and denying organizations or states access to the essential nuclear materials, technologies and know-how.