High Level Policy Views on HEU Minimization
Panel 6: High Level Policy Views on HEU Minimization
This panel discussion was convened as a part of the 2nd International Symposium on HEU Minimization in Vienna, co-hosted by Austria, Norway and NTI, in cooperation with the IAEA. Panel members discussed high level policy goals related to HEU minimization.
- Chair: Ambassador Alexander Kmentt, Director for Disarmament, Arms Control and Non-Proliferation (Austria)
- Dr. Parrish Staples, National Nuclear Security Administration (US)
- Ambassador Volodymyr Yelchenko, Ambassador of Ukraine to Russia
- Carlos Feu Alvim, Economy and Energy, formerly of Brazilian-Argentine Agency for Accounting and Control of Nuclear Materials
- Ambassador Cho Hyun, Ambassador of the Republic of Korea to Austria and Permanent Representative to the United Nations in Vienna
This was the last of six panel discussions that took place at the 2nd International Symposium on HEU Minimization in Vienna, which was co-hosted by Austria, Norway and NTI, in cooperation with the IAEA.
the Nuclear Threat
Reducing the risk of nuclear use by terrorists and nation-states requires a broad set of complementary strategies targeted at reducing state reliance on nuclear weapons, stemming the demand for nuclear weapons and denying organizations or states access to the essential nuclear materials, technologies and know-how.