The Sultan platoon of Sargodha
after completion of special
View the 1540 Matrix for Pakistan
Offers/Requests of Assistance: Pakistan's national report states that, "given its experience in implementing various treaties regimes including the CWC, CPPNM and BTWC and its elaborate legislative framework in the safety and security of nuclear technology and material, it is in a position to provide assistance, in response to specific requests, to the states lacking the legal and regulatory infrastructure, implementation experience and/or resources for fulfilling the provisions of the Security Council Resolution 1540."
According to the 1540 Committee, "Pakistan has rendered technical assistance to Member States under the auspices of the IAEA's Technical Assistance and Technical Cooperation programmes. Pakistan fully supports the IAEA's role to render assistance to member states involved in the development of nuclear technology for peaceful purposes." See the United Nations 1540 Committee Website for more information on Assistance from Member States.
- Biological and Toxic Weapons Convension (BTWC)
- Chemical Weapons Convention (CWC)
- Convention for the Suppression of the Financing of Nuclear Terrorism (TFC)
- Convention on the Physical Protection of Nuclear Material (CPPNM)
- Convention on Nuclear Safety (CNS)
- Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons (NPT)
- Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty (CTBT)
Corruption Perceptions Index (2014): 29/100 (Rank 126/175)