|Last Updated:||September 1, 2005|
|Location:||New Delhi, India|
|Subordinate To:||Government of India; Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers; Department of Chemicals and Petrochemicals|
|Size:||Consists of three different factory complexes, one located at Udyogamandal near Cochin, another at Rasayani near Bombay, and another at Bathinda in Punjab. The company has 2313 employees.|
The research and development section of the company is currently undertaking the following activities:
- Development of technology for generic pesticides and their intermediates.
- Replacement of wet analysis by instrumentation method for analytical estimation of pesticides and their formulations.
- Development of better recipes for existing pesticides formulations, to improve cost efficiency by use of locally available indigenous raw-materials.
- Enhancement of existing processes in order to use of less toxic and more eco-friendly materials, and to minimize pollution.
- Development of recipes for eco-friendly bio-pesticides formulations to replace the existing toxic chemical pesticides formulations.
- Development of monitoring methods by instrumentation for different pesticides and their intermediates for better process control.
The company produces the following pesticides:
- Copper Oxychloride
It also uses the following in its chemical production: Acephate, Chlorpyrifos, Quinalphos, Fenvalerate, Cypermethrin, Thiophanate Methyl, Glyphosate Carbendazim, Ethiom, Phorate, Cartap Hydrochloride, Hexaconazole, Triazophos, Metribuzin, Dichlorvos, Alphamethrin, Imidacloprid, and Profenophos.
The company currently exports its products to France, Belgium, U.K., Netherlands, Thailand, Malaysia, Argentina, Mexico, Guatemala, Germany, Jamaica, Iran, Singapore, Israel, Nicaragua, Ethiopia, Egypt, and Russia.
 Hindustan Insecticides Limited, www.hil-india.com;
 "Hindustan Insecticides Limited," http://indiapublicsector.com.