|Last Updated:||June 1, 2004|
|Other Name:||MTI, Vojnotehnicki institute (VTI)|
|Location:||15 Kataniceva Street, Belgrade, Serbia, Federation of Serbia and Montenegro|
|Subordinate To:||Institute for Technical and Medical Protection|
|Size:||180 engineering staff, unspecified additional personnel for administrative activities|
Established in 1948, the Military Technical Institute was initially divided into three separate agencies reflecting the three branches of the armed services. The Military Technical Institute of the Ground Forces was likely responsible for activities at the Potoci facility. In 1992, these three institutes were combined into one single institution. 
The role of the VTI is described as undertaking research and development (R&D) of new weaponry and military equipment as well as developing upgrades for existing equipment for all three services of the Army: Ground Forces, Air Force, and Navy. 
 Official website of the military Technical Institute, www.vj.yu.