1540 Region Lists
China has officially offered assistance through the 1540 Committee, noting that "China supports and actively participates in the technical-cooperation activities of the IAEA, and makes full and timely contributions to the technology cooperation fund each year in accordance with its apportioned share. On the basis of the principle of positive participation and open exchange, and at the same time as it receives IAEA assistance, China provides human, material and financial support for the Agency's technical-cooperation activities. By the end of 2003, it had contributed approximately US$ 13 million in technical-cooperation funds (including contributions made under the Regional Co-operation Agreement as well as extra-budgetary contributions)."
China and U.S. jointly implemented the Yangshan Port Pilot Program in Shanghai as part of the Megaports Initiative. In 2015, China hosted a first-of-its-kind training course in Qingdao.
See the United Nations 1540 Committee Website for more information on Assistance from Member States.
- Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons (NPT)
- Chemical Weapons Convention (CWC)
- Biological and Toxin Weapons Convention (BTWC)
Convention on the Physical Protection of Nuclear Material (CPPNM)
• 2005 Amendment to CPPNM
- Joint Convention on the Safety of Spent Fuel Management and on the Safety of Radioactive Waste Management (JC)
- Convention on Nuclear Safety (CNS)
- International Convention for the Suppression of Acts of Nuclear Terrorism (NTC)
- Global Initiative to Combat Nuclear Terrorism (GICNT)
- Convention for the Suppression of the Financing of Terrorism (TFC)
Signed, Not Ratified
Corruption Perceptions Index
- Index (2014)
- 36/100 (Rank 100/175)
*China prefers not to make its Matrix public, but for access to be treated on a case-by-case basis with password protection. Thus, China's Matrix is not available for this resource collection.