Mongolia signed the International Convention for the Suppression of Acts of Nuclear Terrorism in 2005, Source: treaties.un.org
- View the 1540 Matrix for Mongolia
Offers/Requests of Assistance
Mongolia has officially requested assistance through the 1540 committee for "strengthening the Technical Capabilities of Export and Import Controls over Nuclear and other Radioactive Materials in Mongolia, which included a shortage of trained personnel and technical equipment needs to improve nuclear detection capabilities at their borders for imports and exports." See the United Nations 1540 Committee Website for more information on Assistance Requested by Member States.
- Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons (NPT)
- Chemical Weapons Convention (CWC)
- Biological and Toxin Weapons Convention (BTWC)
- Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty (CTBT)
- Convention on the Physical Protection of Nuclear Material (CPPNM)
- Convention for the Suppression of the Financing of Terrorism (TFC)
- International Convention for the Suppression of Acts of Nuclear Terrorism (NTC)
- Joint Convention on the Safety of Spent Fuel Management and on the Safety of Radioactive Waste Management (JC)
It has declared its territory to be a NWFZ and attained international recognition for that by the UN General Assembly Resolution 53/77 D.