12th Annual Export Control Conference (2011), in Singapore, Source: U.S. Department of State
- View the 1540 Matrix for Singapore
Offers/Requests of Assistance
Singapore has officially offered assistance through the 1540 Committee, noting that "Singapore jointly hosted the inaugural Asian National Authorities Meeting with the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPWC), from October 29-31, 2003, which promoted cooperation and awareness of the Chemical Weapons Convention in the region." In 2011, Singapore co-hosted the 12th International Export Control Conference with the United States and the European Union. Singapore also hosted an ASEM seminar on nuclear safety in 2012. It established a national nuclear forensics laboratory in 2013. See the United Nations 1540 Committee Website for more information on Assistance from Member States.
Singapore co-hosted with the OPCW the second and third regional training courses on emergency response to chemical weapons in 2011 and 2013, respectively. The country is also an active participant and presenter at annual Asian Export Control Seminars in Japan.
Singapore regularly reviews and updates its export control list, and most recently did so on 1 February 2013.
- Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons (NPT)
- Chemical Weapons Convention (CWC)
- Biological and Toxin Weapons Convention (BTWC)
- Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty (CTBT)
- Convention on Nuclear Safety (CNS)
- Convention for the Suppression of the Financing of Terrorism (TFC)
- Convention on the Physical Protection of Nuclear Material (CPPNM)
- Global Initiative to Combat Nuclear Terrorism (GICNT)
- SEANWFZ Treaty (Treaty of Bangkok)
Signed, Not Ratified
- Joint Convention on the Safety of Spent Fuel Management and on the Safety of Radioactive Waste Management (JC)
- Not part of any export control regimes
Corruption Perceptions Index
- Index (2014)
- 84/100 (Rank 7/175)