Director/Senior Director, Communications
Want to make a difference? Join our team! NTI is a nonprofit global security organization, focused on reducing nuclear and biological threats imperiling humanity. We work to protect our lives, environment, and quality of life now and for future generations as we influence policy, systems, and networks in the United States and worldwide.
We are seeking a Director or Senior Director (title to be determined based on candidate experience) to join the seven-person Communications team on NTI’s staff of 50-plus professionals. This is a hands-on opportunity for a strategic thinker and doer with a proven track record in communications. We’re looking for a creative, organized, and energetic team player to work across NTI’s programs and serve as the team’s main liaison for NTI’s robust biosecurity program.
The Communications Director/Senior Director will report to the Vice President for Communications. This is a full-time hybrid position, working a minimum of three days a week in our Washington, DC office and a maximum of two days a week remotely.
What are the requirements for the position?
- A bachelor’s degree and minimum of 7 years’ experience in strategic communications, public or media relations, or similar field
- Background in, or knowledge of, national security, international affairs, global health, and/or biological security, nuclear policy, or emerging technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, with demonstrated experience writing and editing for general audiences
- Experience designing communications strategies and using a range of communications tools (social media, video, print publishing, web products, podcasts, news media) to reach broad audiences
- Strong project-management skills
- Direct management experience a plus.
What would make you stand out?
- You can show us how you’ve conceived, coordinated, and executed multi-channel communications strategies.
- You’re agile and adaptable and you thrive in a fast-moving environment.
- You have experience overseeing vendors and contracts; tracking budgets; and staffing officials, candidates, and/or executives.
- You have direct news media experience and/or solid understanding of media and social media trends.
- You’re a collegial team player with an approachable managerial style and a good sense of humor.
Does this describe you? Then please apply!
NTI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a talented and diverse workforce. NTI bases its employment decisions upon the needs of the organization and the individual merit of applicants and employees, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression), national origin, age, genetic information, disability, marital status, personal appearance, family responsibilities, political affiliation, matriculation, genetic information (including family medical history), veteran status, or the employee’s status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offense, or stalking, or based on any other characteristic or trait protected by local, state, or federal law.