Next week, the Nuclear Threat Initiative (NTI), in partnership with the European Leadership Network (ELN) and Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES) will host a delegation of European parliamentarians for an International Dialogue on Global Nuclear Security from September 11-13th in Washington, D.C.
This educational visit is designed to encourage parliamentary interest in and to develop new leadership on sustaining progress on nuclear security in European capitals. Led by NTI Vice Chairman and ELN Chairman Des Browne, the trip will include meetings with the Washington think-tank community, the State Department, the Department of Energy, and members of congress. The parliamentarians will also visit the Norwegian and British embassies in Washington, D.C.
This dialogue on global nuclear security is intended to create better understanding of the U.S. approach to nuclear security and to build sustainable cross-Atlantic relationships.
The delegation will include:
- Lord Browne of Ladyton, NTI vice chairman, ELN chairman
- Karl-Heinz Brunner, MP, Germany
- Stephen Gethins, MP, United Kingdom
- Trond Helleland, MP, Norway
- Michael Meier, Director, Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung, Washington, D.C.
- Marit Nybakk, MP, Norway
- Boris Ruge, DCM, German Embassy, Washington, D.C.
- Shatabhisha Shetty, ALN Deputy Director, London
- Marek Ženíšek, MP, Czech Republic