The Nuclear Threat Initiative’s Global Enterprise to Strengthen Non-Proliferation and Disarmament, a multi-year project to support the goals of the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT) and rebuild a shared vision in support of a world without nuclear weapons, commissioned six papers to help enhance understating of core issues and identify practical ideas to advance the goals of the project.
The papers, written by experts in the field, are designed to guide GE participants in developing proposals governments could advance before the 2020 NPT Review Conference.
- Political Statements on Nuclear Disarmament, Risk Reduction, and Nonproliferation. Steve Andreasen, National Security Consultant to NTI
- Nuclear Risk Reduction. Rear Admiral John Gower, CB OBE, Former Assistant Chief of Defence Staff (Nuclear & Chemical, Biological), UK Ministry of Defence
- Transparency—Options for Cooperative Engagement. Dr. Lewis A. Dunn, Independent Consultant
- Managing Risks of Fissile Materials. Pavel Podvig, Senior Researcher, Weapons of Mass Destruction and Other Strategic Weapons, UNIDIR
- Nuclear Doctrine. Paul Ingram, Executive Director, BASIC
- Perspectives on a Nuclear-Weapon-Free World. Dr. Lewis A. Dunn