Want to dive deeper?
This page is part of the Facilities Collection.
From 1986 to 1996 the IAEA helped the AECS to upgrade its nuclear electronics laboratory. The IAEA provided spare parts and components, allowing the AECS to indigenously design and construct tools used for the maintenance and repair of nuclear instrumentation. The IAEA also trained AECS personnel in the repair, maintenance and servicing of nuclear instruments. 1
- International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA)
- IAEA: Founded in 1957 and based in Vienna, Austria, the IAEA is an autonomous international organization in the United Nations system. The Agency’s mandate is the promotion of peaceful uses of nuclear energy, technical assistance in this area, and verification that nuclear materials and technology stay in peaceful use. Article III of the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT) requires non-nuclear weapon states party to the NPT to accept safeguards administered by the IAEA. The IAEA consists of three principal organs: the General Conference (of member states); the Board of Governors; and the Secretariat. For additional information, see the IAEA.
- “SYR/4/003: Nuclear Electronics” and “SYR/4/005: Nuclear Electronics (Phase II),” IAEA Technical Cooperation Projects, 1986-1996, www-tc.iaea.org.