NTI Interns play a critical role within each of our teams working to advance our mission objectives while learning more about existential risks to humanity.
The Nuclear Threat Initiative (NTI), is a non-profit whose mission is to transform global security by driving systemic solutions to nuclear and biological threats imperiling humanity.
Our highly competitive program offers internship opportunities 3x a year to undergraduate students with at least two years of study, graduate students, and/or those who demonstrate co-equal qualifying experience. The hourly pay rate for interns is determined by a tiered compensation structure based on level of education:
- $17/hour for interns with a bachelor’s degree or enrolled in a bachelor’s program
- $18.50/hour for interns with a master’s degree or enrolled in a master’s program
- $20/hour for interns with a PhD or enrolled in a PhD program
Each intern class exact start dates shift slightly from year to year to accommodate the academic calendar and NTI pay cycles.
- Application opens in late September/early October
- Decisions made by end of November
- Internship runs from February through late April/early May
- Application opens in mid February
- Decisions made by end of April
- Internship runs from June to August
- Application opens mid June
- Decisions made by early August
- Internship runs from October to December
The application link remains open for two to three weeks, after which our Intern selection committee will review and respond to all applicants. You can find the link to apply on our homepage under the About/Work with Us Tab.
Be the first to know
Sign up and we'll send you an email when the next application period begins