|Last Updated:||June 10, 2014|
|Other Name:||Boshkovich Institute|
|Size:||12 divisions and centers with numerous associated laboratories|
In 1950, the Ruđer Bošković Institute was established to collaborate with universities and institutes in Zagreb, and to train future staff for work in this field. Ruđer Bošković formed the third of a triad of institutes in Yugoslavia's nuclear program. In 1952 technicians began to design and construct the 16 megaelectronic volt (MeV) deuteron cyclotron. It may have been used to research uranium enrichment, focusing on electromagnetic isotope separation methodologies.
Source: Slobodan Nakicenovic, Nuclear Energy in Yugoslavia, (Beograde: Export Press, 1961), p. 42.