|Last Updated:||June 10, 2014|
|Other Name:||MMA, Vojnomedicinska akademija (VMA)|
|Location:||Crnotravska 17, 11000 Belgrade, Serbia, Federation of Serbia and Montenegro|
|Subordinate To:||Army of the Federation of Serbia and Montenegro (VJ)|
|Size:||The VMA is a large facility comprising 25 clinics with a 1,200 bed capacity and 17 diagnostic and research institutes.|
Initially established in 1844, it was reestablished in 1950 with the integration of the Main Military hospital of the Yugoslavian Army, the Institute of Hygiene and Epidemiology of the Yugoslavian Army, and the Military Medical Officers School of the Yugoslavian Army.
The VMA is accredited as a university for research and training purposes. In the past it conducted research relevant to CW defense. More recently, these activities have been concentrated in the National Poisons Control Center, which is a part of the Sector for Treatment's group of internal clinics.
Source: Official website of the Military Medical Academy, www.vj.yu.